From Seattle to New Rochelle, from Baton Rouge to San Francisco, food
banks across the country are doing what they do best – feeding people
in need within their communities. The Feeding America network is the
largest hunger-relief organization in the United States including in disasters and national emergencies.
The most vulnerable people in our communities need us now more than ever. Here's how we're responding to the challenge:
- Launched the COVID-19 Response Fund, a national food- and fund-raising effort to support people facing hunger and the food banks who help them.
- Working with government leaders to ensure the emergency response includes strong support and flexibility for federal nutrition programs including the School Lunch Program
- Partnering with school districts and local government agencies to ensure that the 22 million children who rely on school meals have access to food outside of the classroom
- Building an inventory of emergency food boxes to distribute to food
banks across the country as the need for food assistance increases
- Providing emergency grants to food banks to support local response efforts
- Safely continuing our distribution of food and non-food and
household items like cleaning supplies, diapers and personal care